Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky!!!

Satan and his minion are sneaky!  Just when you begin to feel as though you have a direction...start something new...feel like you are making progress...those nasty voices start whispering.  I am sure you know them; their names are Depression, Discouragement and Despair.  They hang around me sometimes, but usually, since my schedule is so busy, I can successfully ignore them, and often, when I am on the top of my game spiritually, they are vanquished by my Protector.  But...the minute I let my guard down, they pop right back up again!  I think it is easy for them lately...since I have been confined I have spent a lot of my time doing nothing...and nothing always leads to something!

My 144 minutes today have been selfishly consumed in the inert confines of my pity party...(yes, even Mizmead has them sometimes).  I did manage to move my shoes to the upstairs closet..(not just the pairs that were lying around, but the ones that were stored in the closet under the stairs as well) and do a couple of loads of laundry...so I guess I am not a total slug!  (insert smirk here)

I have concluded that, rather than whine and complain that life is going on without me and that I have no purpose, I will stop the pity party right here and now!  I have had prayer with my husband and am going to bed.  (Mostly because there is no chocolate in the house, so why stay awake?)

Tomorrow I may change the name of my blog...who knows!

sleep sweet y'all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment