Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cindy


I am exhausted...both emotionally and physically today.  I have no more creative juices to write cute titles or craft this blog in some unique fashion.  You see, we celebrated yesterday the life of my sister Cindy.  This past week has been grueling; long hospital vigils, emotional last words, funeral preparations, reunions with family and friends from far away...laughter, tears, hugs and kisses.  It has been a full week since I traveled the distance to the University Hospital to be with her...it seems like yesterday...and it seems like months ago.  Time has a strange way of defying our order of things...it passes quick and slow at the same time.

My sister was an amazing woman of God.  She was my friend, my mentor, my adviser, my playmate, my sister, both in genetics and in Christ.  I will miss our Tuesday afternoon luncheon dates; picnics at the lake or in the park, eating Chinese food at our favorite dive, sipping tea under her gazebo, playing Yahtzee and eating jellybeans.  I will miss her quick whit, her blunt honesty, and hearing "Hi, Sister" when I answer the phone.

Sisters cannot be replaced.  The relationship between them cannot be duplicated and I would never try.  I am left, for a season to dwell on the blessings past, and look forward to a heavenly reunion and an eternity of sipping heavenly tea under the canopy of God's love.

Goodbye, sweet Sister!  Thank you for your love; I hope I returned it as fully as it was given.

No comments:

Post a Comment