Friday, April 29, 2011

And We Know that All Things Work Together.....

Sometimes it takes a lot of effort for God to get our attention.  We grow so busy "doing His will" that we can't hear His voice.  Then He allows (I believe) a road block to come our way (at times) and we find ourselves slowed.  You never know when a "problem" may turn out to be one of His blessings!

When I began this blog back in January, I did it because my husband suggested I find some constructive way to spend my Mono-confinement.  I am not a "sit around the house" person by nature...or perhaps I am and I just was terribly out of practice.  I was, I must confess, a little angry with the Powers That Be for allowing me to get ill at such a pivetol juncture in my life.  I was nearing the end of a four year push to finish my education degree, my sister's four year battle with pancreatic cancer was taking its toll on her, my inlaw's health was failing...there was so much to do, and I could not do anything but lie around the house.  I was told it was a serious case of mono and I needed to stop everything...so I dropped all my classes for the semester and pouted!  GRRRR.....

I now look back at that bump in the road as a tremendous blessing.  I could have never known that my freedom this semester would be required.  Had I continued with my classes, I would have missed spending the final months of my sister's life with her.  Because I dropped those classes and lightened my schedule, I was free to lie in the bed next to hers and talk; sit in PT with her and keep her company; nap in the bed beside her and just "be there".  No pressure...just "being".

I will always treasure those times we had together during her last weeks on earth.  We never talked over weighty issues and rarely discussed death.  We just enjoyed each others' presence in our comfortable sisterly way. 

So...Thanks, God, for mono...and for giving those special times to me to sustain me through the lonely times.
I will never regret the time You gave me!






No comments:

Post a Comment